Looking for DOT Physical Locations in PSL?
Xpress Walkin Urgent Care is one of the experienced and fast DOT Physical Locations in Port St. Lucie West. It is mandated by federal guidelines that all commercial drivers pass the Department of Transportation health exam (DOT Physical). The goal of this test is to check whether an applicant is fit enough to drive safely now and in the near future. Successfully passing the exam usually means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, unless you have some health problem which could become worse in the future, in which case the you’ll have to take the exam sooner.
The DOT Physical Locations will require:
Need to have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye as well as both combined. It is mandated by federal guidelines that anyone applying for a CDL must pass the Department of Transportation physical exam. The goal of this test is to determine whether a potential driver is physically capable of driving safely now and in the foreseable future. Passing the exam successfully means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, unless you have some health issue which could become worse in the future, in which case the you’ll have to take the exam sooner.
The basic requirements for passing at DOT Physical Locations:
- With or without vision corrections, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, need to have 20/40 vision.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Hearing needs to be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Your blood pressure has to be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication may be used to control blood pressure.
- Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is permitted.